When it comes to eye makeup, most people would love to keep it neutral. However, this post is dedicated for those who are longing to shake things up, leave your comfort zone and take a chance to be different! It might be scary at first to try on new thing outside your basic makeup routine. But we promise that when applied in a correct way, these shades will make your eyes look insanely gorgeous.
Here are the tutorials on how to rock that bold color eyeliner without looking too much in two different ways. You can’t go wrong with either, just be sure to keep the rest of the makeup simple and have some fun with it!
Save this slightly more subtle look for the days when you want to incorporate some color. Here’s how to do it:
1. Apply your shadow base first–use a soft shade, such as cream, tan, or taupe, on your lids to help blend the color into your natural skin tone.
2. Apply your colored liner of your choice in one, clean swipe on your lower lash line.
3. Grab a super-skinny brush and subtly smoke out your eyeliner with an eye shadow color that matches your liner of the moment.
4. Line your lower waterline with a simple black or brown liner from your everyday collection. This will keep your eyes properly balanced and proportioned. A little mascara, and you’re set!
Ready to make a statement? Love it! This look is perfect for those evenings when you want your eyes to steal the focus of every Instagram snap. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Apply neutral shadows onto your lids. A cream shade on the actual lid and a simple brown in the crease make a great combo.
2. Use a colored liner on both your upper and lower lash lines. This will give you that intensity we’re after, drawing all eyes to your eyes.
3. Wing out the liner on your upper lash line to add the dramatic flair you know you love.
4. Apply mascara to both sets of lashes, and line your waterline with a black or brown liner to round it all out.
Our picks for bold eyeliners:
1. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Turquoise
2. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil
3. Sephora Long-Lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner in Fancy Blue.
4. Sephora Flashy Liner Waterproof in Flashy Blue.
5. Clinique The Chubby Stick Shadow in Two Tone Teal
6. MUFE Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner in Aqua XL M-26