Rainy season is coming~! Some may or may not like the rainy season. But one thing for sure, the decreasing heat means increasing dryness in the air. And for we, girls, most of us will definitely hate it! Our 30 minutes spent for straightening and styling our hair will go to waste as the thunder rolls!
So here we have exclusively summarize from the pros, on how to survive the rainy season while having the faultless hair!
1. Start with a Heat Protector
The most important tip to accomplish sleek, shiny straight hair even on the dampest of days is to start your styling steps with a heat protector while your hair is still damp.
We all know when the laziness strikes, or the clock ticks way too fast, while we are styling our hair, making us half-dry our hair. In the dry season, this is completely fine, but it is a big N-O in rainy season. Use an ionic hair styling tools for less drying times, and use it in cool air mode for less heat damage. Also, believe it or not, ionic hair styling tools can help certain hair products to work better
• Babyliss Pro TT Tourmaline Titanium 5000 Dryer
• Karmin G3 Salon Professional
3. Use an Anti-Frizz Serum
It does exactly what the name implies. It prevents frizz to your hair. For lighter choice, you might go with spray. But serum is our personal favorite since it is more effective and long lasting. And remember not to overdo your product! Too much of everything is always too much. Wait for 5 minutes before you go, so your hair will be able to cool down and all the product you’ve used to take actions, and you are ready to go!
• Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum
• Joico Humidity Blocker Finishing Spray
4. Dry Shampoo to the Rescue!
Always keep a mini dry shampoo in your bag whenever it is a rainy season. If in the midway, the rain falls and ruin your good hair day, first step is to dry shampoo your hair after it dries. Remember, AFTER IT DRIES. You do not want to end up with a gray clumpy hair, right?
• Herbal Essences Naked Volume Dry Shampoo
• Umberto Beverly Hills Dry Clean Dry Shampoo
5. The Braid Games
And, if your hair become too helpless, just braid it up! A simple lady-like Katniss hair can be achieved by pulling your hair back to low ponytail and french braid it. If you are not too sure about your braiding skill, take out your hair doughnut and roll your hair up for a cute bun, or tie your hair into high ponytail for sporty look. The choice is all yours!
• During the rainy seasons, the increased level of humidity might impact on your gorgeous hair. To prevent it, eat more foods with source of protein – which the most important nutrient for healthy hair – like salmons, eggs, carrots, whole grains, and dark colored veggies.
• Drink plenty of water for your hair natural moisturizer.
• Use wider toothed comb – this could reduce hair frizz and prevent hair loss.